Welcome to General section booking.
Please use your valid Credentials. This online booking system will help us plan and send the results of the processing to the entered email. Submission of this form does not result in an automatic booking. Our travel consultants will respond to your booking request by email or phone.
SCHEDULED CAMPING BOOKING FORM:
INCLUDED IN THE SAFARI PRICE:
- Transport by safari vehicle
- Services of an English speaking driver/guide and cook
- All campsite fees
- All camping equipment including use of our three-person tents (each tent shared by 2 people), stools, foam mattresses except sleeping bags
- Three meals a day while on safari whether vegetarian or non-vegetarian prepared by our safari cook
- Activities as indicated in the specified safari itinerary
- NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
- Game park entrance fees shown separately in US dollars
- Personal travel insurance
- Flying Doctors Service for emergency evacuation cover valid for 2 months [available in our office at US$25pp within 500km radius or US$50 within 1000kms from Nairobi ].
- Sleeping bags [available for hire in the office at US$30 per bag per safari with US$ 40 refundable deposit]
- Hotel accommodation in Nairobi (Karen area recommended)
- All airport/hotel/airport transfers [but can be arranged at extra cost]
- All airport taxes and visas
- All personal expenses and toiletries; e.g. mineral water, toilet paper, laundry, beverages, tips, etc.
- Any other extras not stated as included above
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING ON SAFARI:
- Sleeping bag [available for hire in our office for US$30 per bag per safari, plus a refundable ofUS$ 40 after the safari]
- Money for personal spending and tipping approximately Kshs. 2,000 a day
- Only a small case or rucksack, as storage space is limited [maximum 20kgs].
- A pair of long trousers and jersey for the cool mornings and evenings in addition to plenty of light clothes for hot days (do not forget a hat), swim suit, a pillow, comfortable shoes/sandals and snacks
- Torch, sunglasses,suntan lotion, insect repellent/spray but not mosquito coils
- Mineral water and beverages
- Camera, memory cards, binoculars, maps, guide-books
- Toilet paper, towel, soap and toothbrush/paste
- All personal travel insurance
- Flying Doctors Service for emergency evacuation cover valid for 2 months [available in our office at US$25pp within 500km radius or US$50 within 1000kms from Nairobi].
FOR UGANDA/ TANZANIA/ OVERLAND CAMPING SAFARIS/ MOUNTAIN/ WALKING TREKS PLEASE ENQUIRE FOR A LIST OF WHAT/ IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
a) Scheduled safaris: A 35% deposit is payable to GAMETRACKERS well in advance while the balance is due and payable at least 14 DAYS prior to the tour departure failing which the seat may be re-allocated unless otherwise arranged.
b) Private & Tailor-made safaris: Payment for the total price is due in advance; 50% deposit on booking and the balance not later than 14 days before arrival. Unless otherwise agreed in advance, the right is reserved not to execute any services if payment has not been received accordingly.
•Earlier than 30 days before departure will require 75% of deposit to be forfeited.
•30 to 4 days before departure will require the full deposit to be forfeited.
• 3 days before departure and in case of no-show up at all will require 75% ofthe fullprice of the safari to be forfeited.
A fee of 75% of the full price will be charged on any booking made with or by GAMETRACKERS for which the client does not show up.
3. PRICE POLICY:
a) Our price is based on cost at the time of printing and is subject to change if conditions demand such as Government action, currency exchange fluctuations and increase in game park entry fees. However, if full payment has already beenreceived upon booking, there will be no change to the price quotedat that time and we undertake to absorb theincrease.
b) Where “kitty” payment applies, this is additional to the tour price and is intended tocover the cost of meals prepared during the period of the tour and all park entranceand campsite fees or as may be specified. It is payable in US dollar cash prior to departure in the office.
a) The Company applies all reasonable checks to ensure that those involved in the preparation and provision of your safari maintain appropriate standards.
b) In exceptional circumstances outside the control of the Company, its agents or suppliers, such as, but not limited to, circumstances amounting to force majeure such as war, threats of war, political unrest, riots, civil disturbances, legally or illegally organized labor disputes, adverse weather conditions and acts of God, the Company or its agents or suppliers cannot be held responsible for discontinuation of the safari, any limitations or withdrawal of facilities.
c) The use by the Company of transport or accommodation in connection witha client’s safari is subject to the conditions of the operators or owners of such transport or accommodation for whom the Company acts as agents.
d) The company has semi-permanent campsites in some locations, which form part of the itineraries in a number of safaris. These campsites have limited facilities that cannot cope with the demand particularly during the peak periods. Hence in the event of non availability due to occupation by some other clients, the alternative will be for the clients to pitch their tents as usual within the same campsite or any other budget campsite nearest.
e) Temporary or permanent loss of, damage to, or delay of client’s baggage are the responsibility of the client unless resulting from the proven negligence of the Company.
f) The Company does not accept liability for the alleged acts and/or missions of its employees, agents andsuppliers for deficiencies in the standard of services and facilities supplied in connection with anyforeign inclusive tour or any safari supplied or organized by the Company unless resulting from the proven negligence by the Company.
g) The Company does not accept responsibility for the death, body injury or illness caused to the signatory to the contract and/or any other named person on the booking form unless resulting from the proven negligence of the Company.
h) The Company,where appropriate and with reasonable discretion, shall afford initial general assistance to clients who, through misadventure, suffer illness, personal injury or death during the period of their safari.
i) The client is responsible for checking-in at the correct time. Accordingly,the Company cannot accept responsibility for clients missing a safari as a result of late check-in.
j) The client acknowledges and accepts that the nature of our safari is expeditious and adventurous and that such tours involve a certain amount of risk for which the Company and its staff or agents carry no liability.
k) Caution:Despite the serene beauty of Kenya’s northern tourism circuit, it is not surprising to see the nomadic pastoralist inhabitants of this wild frontier carrying guns to protect their livestock from cattle rustlers – a custom that appears to have defied the times. This situation has been made possible due to the influx of cheap weapons from Kenya’s unstable neighbours to the North. Although the practice of cattle rustling amongst the inhabitants has traditionally not interfered with tourism activity, a few opportunistic incidents have been recorded over the years against passengers – including tourists. These were random incidents and were not specifically targeting tourist traffic.
Whereas Government response has served to reduce the level of lawlessness and insecurity in the North quite successfully, due to the unpredictable nature of the area, there is still the risk of a lapse in security since rustling is a seasonal activity. Depending on prevailing conditions, as a responsible tour Operator we may require to use Police Escort to ensure the safety of our clients. We will advice all our clients of this need as and when the situations so demands it or as advised by the relevant authorities.
l) Itismandatory thateach client obtains adequate personal travel insurance to cover such personal risks as illness, personal injury or death, loss of baggage and compensation or refund for discontinuation of safari due to circumstances beyond the control of the Company, though not limited to force majeure circumstances only, during the period of their safari otherwise the Company does not accept liability. Flying Doctors Service is also mandatory for rapid evacuation from the scene of an accident or emergency to a hospital otherwise the client is responsible for his evacuation by air or otherwise.
m) The Company reserves the right to cancel a safari or subcontract it to another operator for similar services if the minimum number of clients required is not achieved or by reason of unusual or unforeseeable circumstances beyond its control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised. Nevertheless notice of such cancellation will be given whenever possible and an alternative safari offered if practicable though the client is entitled to a refund of his money under the contract if he is not interested and prefers a refund. The difference, if any, between the price of the alternative safari and the initial one will also be refunded.
n) If a client chooses not to complete his safari for any reason, or a safari is discontinued for reasons as in (b) above, there will be no refund.
The contract and these conditions shall be governed in all respect by the laws of Kenya. Should a situation arise that you have a complaint about any aspect of the safari, this should be reported in the office immediately (where possible) in order that we may be given the opportunity to correct the problem.
6. BOOKING AGENTS:
a) Agents booking clients into our regular safaris on the brochure are required to ensure that their clients fully understand the conditions contained herein otherwise the Company shall not indemnify them against claims arising from their mistakes or omissions
b) Full payment is required upon confirmation of booking and prior to the tour departure unless otherwise arranged.
DEPARTURE CHECK-IN PROGRAM:
8.30 – 9.00 a.m. – Check in our offices ready for the safari
Receipt or voucher issued at the time ofbooking accompanied by the Booking Form filled and duly signed if not already submitted. For residents, either the GreenAlienIdentificationCard, Work Permit or Driving License as proof of ones status in Kenya
9.00 – 9.15 a.m. – Board your safari vehicle
9.15 – 9.30 a.m. - Briefing session followed soon after by departure
TANZANIA AND UGANDA DEPARTURES:
These safaris do not always depart from Gametrackers (K) Ltd. Office; hence it is important to check in our office at least a day earlier for final briefing.
Gametrackers Tee-Shirts are available for sale in our office at US$20 each.
CAMPING SAFARIS MENUS:
Our menus are based on many years of experience in safari catering. They are characterized by methods which produce rich and highly flavored dishes served with accompaniments designed to meet our client’s appetite. In the event of changes in our daily menus, allowance should be given as most of the raw materials are seasonal and dependent on the location of the ‘safari’.
What is included in the Lodge price:
- Transport by safari vehicle
- Services of an English speaking driver/ guide
- Game park entrance fees
- Full board accommodation in tented camps/ lodges as specified in the itinerary
- Lunch on the last day
- Activities as indicated in the specified itinerary
What is not included in the Lodge price:
- Personal travel insurance
- Flying doctors emergency evacuation cover [for 2 months cover at US$25 up to 500-km radius from Wilson Airport and US$50 above 500 km]
- Hotel accommodation in Nairobi (but can be arranged upon request)
- All airport taxes and visas
- Optional activities payable directly at the lodge e.g. Masai village visit, nature walks etc
- All personal expenses; e.g. laundry, beverages, gratuities to staff, etc.
- All airport/hotel/airport transfers (but can be arranged upon request)
- Any other extras not stated as included above
Are based on costs prevailing at the time of publication and are subject to change without notice. Prices do not include airport taxes, visas or personal expenses such as beverages, laundry, portage and tips.
Payment for the total price is due in advance; 50% deposit on booking and the balance not later than 21 days before arrival. Unless otherwise agreed in advance, the right is reserved not to execute any services if payment has not been received accordingly.
This will depend on when we receive the cancellation notice (in writing); earlier than 42 days to arrival – 25%, between 41 and 22 days prior to arrival – 35%, between 21 and 8 days prior to arrival – 50%, between 7 and 3 days prior to arrival – 75%; less than 48 hours prior to arrival (and no-show-up) – 100%.
Gametrackers and its agents act only as the agent of the passenger in all matters relating to accommodation, meals, tours and transportation of any type, and shall not be liable for inconvenience, omission for service, injury, delay, loss or damage from any cause and in any matter howsoever, including weather, machinery breakdown, labour disputes, civil disturbances and Government orders. Gametrackers is insured against legal liabilities arising from injuries which may be incurred by passengers in its own vehicles, in which case all claims are subject only to the jurisdiction of the Courts of Kenya. Gametrackers reserves the right to employ sub-contractors to carry out all or any part of the services agreed to be supplied and in the exercise of such right, the clause relating to liability as an agent shall apply. Gametrackers reserves the right to employ sub-contracts to carry out all or any part of the services agreed to be supplied, and in the exercise of such right, the clause relating to liability as an agent shall apply. Gametrackers reserves the right, should conditions necessitate and without notice, to change any route or arrangement, to offer substitutes of equal value, to cancel the operation of any tour, to refuse to accept or retain any person as a tour member at any time, in which case an equitable amount may be refunded.
- Clients are required to take out adequate personal insurance to cover death, injury, medical expenses, damage to or loss of baggage and consequential loss arising from any eventuality. It is mandatory that each client obtains adequate personal travel insurance to cover such personal risks as illness, personal injury or death, loss of baggage and compensation or refund for discontinuation of safari due to circumstances beyond the control of the Company, though not limited to force majeure circumstances only, during the period of their safari otherwise the Company does not accept liability. Flying Doctors Service cover is also mandatory for rapid evacuation from the scene of an accident or emergency to a hospital otherwise the client is responsible for his/ her evacuation by air or otherwise.